Saturday, February 7, 2009

So Why Another Blog?

That's a good question, isn't it? As I wrote in the blog description, I created Help Readers Love Reading! as a way to keep track of books I recommend when I do school visits or presentations to teachers and to give people additional titles. The number one request I hear when I present is, "Give us more books, please!" I want visitors to Help Readers Love Reading! to find just that. Books.

Help Readers Too! is an outlet for me to give additional thoughts and opinions about children's literature, teaching, reading, writing, the National Football League, David Crowder*Band, or whatever strikes my fancy. When the Newbery "controversy" was raging last fall, this would have been the place for me to give my $0.02, and believe me, I had a pocket's worth of change to throw around in that discussion.

And since:

A. This is my first post, and...
B. I'm not sure if I'll ever post here again, and...
C. I'm curious to see what it will look like with a post, and...
D. I got nothing else, really...

I guess I'll publish this post, play with the settings, and see what I got.

1 comment:

  1. I started my first blog last summer with a mixture of posts, but then I realized that a lot of my posts were book reviews. I decided to start my second blog just for reviews. It is kind of nice to have separate spaces for each.

    ReplyDelete