Saturday, December 19, 2009

Thank You for Favorite Things

The auction has been completed, and I'd like to offer a big THANK YOU to the person who found it in their heart this Christmas season to purchase the copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe featuring an autographed letter from C. S. Lewis.

I know, I know, $9,200 is a substantial sum of money for a book, but compared to the $115,000 for the original Alice's copy of Through the Looking Glass and What She Found There or the $92,000 for Beatrix Potter's personal copy of The Tale of Peter Rabbit it's a steal.

So again, to the kind-hearted soul who purchased that special copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in the recent auction, thank you. After my recent post about the auction, I just know you did it for me. But don't worry, mum's the word - wink, wink - your secret's safe with me.

I'll act all surprised when I pull that wonderful package out from under my tree on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment